FREE LED Hula Hoop Workshop and Hoop Repair!

I am teaching a workshop at 3rd Ward on Wednesday April 16th in Brooklyn. Bring your hoop parts or buy your hoop at a discounted promotional rate and pick it up in class. I’ll be focusing on the 1inch thick hoop but I can also accomodate someone with other sizes. I will take you step by step through making your very own LED Hula Hoop!

This is also a great opportunity to ask questions or maybe even repair a hoop you already own. Does your Psihoop or superhooper need refreshing? Busted switch?
Bring it in and i’ll see what I can do.

If you are in the area I recommend checking it out. Even if you aren’t sure about buying one you can sign up and see how its done. Meet people with similar interests, share info. I’ll also try to bring a few extra kits for last minute purchases.

If you are interested please sign up today, the original deadline is tomorrow. Full details can be found at bottom of 3rd ward’s page.

I hope to see you there!

** If you are having trouble with any links or can’t pay through paypal please contact me. Paypal should allow you to pay with credit card even without being a member of PayPal.

So if you are coming on Wednesday here are a few tools you can bring to help facilitate the workshop. If you can bring any of these items please leave a comment below so we know how many to expect. Just use a nick name that I will recognize.

- Hair Dryer
- Cutters
- Needle Nose Pliers or Leatherman Tool
- Wire Strippers – I have 5 but a few more wont hurt
- Power Drill/Power screwdriver with drill bits
- Rotary tool – we have just one so far.
- Knife or swiss army knife

2 pings

1. bex says:

I can bring a hair dryer. It is orange and lights up. Not as pretty as the LED’s, but I’m sure it will be effective. :)

2. -=Ali*=- says:

I can bring an extra hair dryer**

3. jill says:

i’ll bring edge cutters.

4. devyn says:

I can bring:

- hair dryer
    - needle nose pliers
    - wire strippers/cutters
    - power drill with drill bits
    - a few knives / swiss army knives

Can’t wait!

5. Doron says:

I will bring a dremel rotary tool, a hair dryer and needle nose pliers.
    can you bring white electrical tape…?

6. prodmod says:

yes I will have 3 rolls of white electrical tape for everyone to share.
    I will also have 6 wire strippers.

7. Becky says:

I will bring my drill and drill bits and my leatherman tool which has knife, pliers, and I think it has a wire stripper too.

See you tonight!

8. Crimping Tools says:

Sure Quality Wire Stripper will make job easy ,fast and efficient

1. Daily DIY Network - Science Projects Plans Guides » Blog Archive » LED Hula Hoop Workshop @ 3rd Ward, Brooklyn says:

[...] Michael writes -Here is a free workshop that takes you through the steps with the help of an instructor. He’ll even show you how to make one without any soldering. You can bring your own parts or buy a deeply discounted kit for $45. (original price on prodmod.com is $59). These DIY LED Hoop Kits will soon be available at the Maker Store and Maker Faire but if you are in the NY area you can get a first look and go home with an awesome LED Hula Hoop to wow your friends, burners, or ravers, or your cat. You can even bring in an LED hoop you already have that needs some fixing. Click over to 3rd Ward for more details and a video. Class is at 7:30pm on April 16th. Act fast, the deadline is tomorrow April 10th! – FREE LED Hula Hoop Workshop and Hoop Repair! [...]

2. Tech-Mania News :: LED Hula Hoop Workshop @ 3rd Ward, Brooklyn says: