I found a pretty cool instructable today on how to make a Green-lantern like glowing ring using resin and an LED.
One of the first things the creator Honus mentions is that he can not sell the item.
I would guess its because its a copyrighted symbol of the comic book owned by DC comics.
But if it was just a ring that glows a particular color, it should be ok to sell, right?
So here are some questions for all of you.
- Do you think a light up ring is a cool idea?
(Not cheesy blinky ones from china like these. I am talking about simple shapes and colors, probably not even blinking.)
- If the ring did not have a copyrighted symbol of some well known character would you still consider buying it?
- Do you have any ideas for a customized design for this ring that is not copyrighted?
- How much would you spend for a customized ring with a design of your choice?
- How much would you spend for a simple ring that lights up with a simple color and design?
(for example, no protruding shape it just lights up, or a simply rounded top that lights up, or square
You can leave answers in the comments sections.